This 1899 abandoned silk mill was repurposed into a mixed-use retail facility. Unoccupied for many years, the mill showed significant deterioration. The east end wood roof was collapsed and considerable deterioration existed in the exposed west end wood floor and roof framing. A collaborative effort between the general contractor, architect and Providence Engineering resulted in a highly anticipated local attraction. Scope of structural design services included incorporating the existing exterior brick walls tied into new wood/steel floor and roof framing.